3-Rep Max Deadlift
Competitors will have a single 6-minute period to set their 3-rep max, which is the heaviest weight they are able to lift off the ground to the level of the hips 3 times consecutively within the time limit.
To be considered for a podium position, athletes must adhere to the following rules:
- All three (3) reps must be completed within 10 seconds.
- Athletes may perform up to three (3) attempts within the time cap.
- Weight must touch the ground after each repetition.
- Athlete cannot rest on the bottom or top of the repetition.
- Athlete may not bounce the weight to assist on their next rep.
- Athlete must stand up straight at the end of each repetition.
- A straight bar may be used as an alternative to a trap bar.
- Athlete may not regrip the bar once they begin lifting.
- Straps are not allowed.
- Gloves and weight belts are encouraged.