1-Mile Swim 2024 Open
In the 1-Mile Swim Open, contestants compete to see who can complete a 1-mile swim (1,500 meters or 1,650 yards) the fastest. Participants can use any pool. They must provide the exact length of the pool (in yards, feet or meters) and use the Swim Lap Calculator to determine the exact number of laps needed to finish the mile swim.
Registration for the 1-Mile Swim 2024 Open is only open to living donors and transplant recipients. Registration is $5 per competitor. The registration deadline is August 5, 2024, and the competition will take place August 6 through August 12, 2024.
To be considered for the podium and cash prizes, all competitors in the 1-Mile Swim 2024 Open must adhere to the following rules and complete the workout within the 1-hour time cap:
- The clock starts once the athlete dives into the pool or pushes off the wall.
- Participants must touch the wall on every turn. Flip turns are permitted.
- Swimmers may use any swimming strokes and can switch strokes at any time.
- Swimmers cannot use the pool floor or lane dividers for assistance.
- Athletes cannot use speed-enhancement devices such as flippers.
- No flotation devices are allowed, including life jackets, floaties or wetsuits.
- No breathing apparatuses are allowed, such as snorkels.
- The athlete must swim the number of laps generated by the Donor Games 1-mile lap calculator. Athletes will be required to submit the length of their pool and the number of laps calculated with each video submission. A lap is defined as two lengths of the pool—from one end to the other and back.
- The participant’s camera must be set up in a way where the entire lap is captured in the competition video, including both endpoints.*
- Athletes are responsible for self-timing their workout, either with an app (e.g., WETime, SmartWOD Timer, WOD Tracker) or by having a gym clock or iPad with a timer clearly visible throughout the swim.
If you are unsure of your camera angle, you are welcome to submit a short sample video via the Donor Games app up to one week before the competition opens. Judges will review your video and either approve your camera angle or provide guidance on how to correct it.
Registered athletes agree to and will comply with the following rules related to the Donor Games Open competition format.
- All athletes must be 18 years or older as of the close of registration for the competition.
- All athletes must agree to the Donor Games Consent Agreement and adhere to the Workout Rules and Competition Rules herein.
- Athletes must submit their full workout video at any time during the competition window: from August 6 through August 12, 2024 at 11:59 EST.
- Athletes may submit more than one workout video to improve their standings on the leaderboard.
- Competitors may submit no more than ONE (1) video within any 24-hour period.
- Should an additional workout video be disqualified; it does not impact the rank/eligibility of a previously approved workout video.
- Athletes must be willing to accept prize winnings via ACH. Failure to provide ACH payment information within 1 week of the official prize-winning notification will result in forfeiture of the cash prize. All prize winnings will be dispersed within 2 weeks of the official prize-winning notification from the Donor Games.
- Failure to perform the exercises according to the guidelines will result in disqualification.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Judges may reject an athlete’s workout video due to: (a) improper form; (b) failure to complete the workout; (c) copyright infringements; or (d) any other issues that arise in review of the workout.
- If a workout video is rejected, the competitor is allowed to submit a new competition workout video at any time during the competition window.
- If no new video is submitted before the extended deadline, the competitor is disqualified.
|Category||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place|